Skip to main content

What's New in Paligo?

Following the recent October release, we're happy to announce even more exciting features and improvements to Paligo:

  • Option to customize the output file names

  • Improvements to the Phrase (formerly Memsource) integration

  • Minify CSS and Javascript in HTML outputs

  • An improvement to the eLearning output

  • Search your Paligo content through the API.

Option to Customize the Output File Names

Have you ever wanted to change the file name format of the output archives or PDF files produced by Paligo? Well now you can!

Output filename template setting. It has a field and inside the field are blocks for ID, Title, and Format, separated by hyphens. There is also a Save template button.

We have added the ability to change the order of the content in the file names, add custom text, and add more metadata such as the current date. And you can save the file name templates and reuse them in the saved publishing settings.

To find out more, see Create an Output Filename Template.

Improvements to the Phrase Integration

Good news for those of you that use the Phrase (previously Memsource) integration—we've added some highly requested improvements.

Select Project on Export

In addition to the default project that you can apply in the integration settings, you can now select from a list of Phrase projects in the translation export menu. This will make it much easier to work with multiple Phrase projects simultaneously.

Choose a Phrase project setting. There is a list of projects to select from and a Create a project button.

Create a New Project from Paligo

Not only can you easily publish to multiple projects, you can now create new Phrase projects, all from within Paligo. In the export translation dialog, you’ll now find a new option to create a new project.

Export translation dialog. Below the Choose a Phrase Project setting there is a button called Create a project.

From there, you can choose what template to base this project on, as well as add an optional due date.


Set Due Dates on Tasks

We've also improved due dates for tasks. Now you can choose an optional due date from the export dialog and that date will be set on the Phrase task automatically.


To find out about the phrase integration improvements, see Export a Translation Package.

Minify CSS and JavaScript for more efficient HTML outputs

New to HTML layouts is the option to minify Paligo's CSS and JavaScript files. This helps to make the script files more efficient and improves page load speeds (and SEO).

Minify assets setting from an HTML layout. It has options to enable or disable the feature.


The minify feature only affects the Paligo asset files. It does not affect the custom CSS and JavaScript files you cany upload to your layouts.

To find out more, see Minify CSS and JavaScript.

Improvement to eLearning Output

We’re continuing to improve our premium eLearning output, and we’ve now added the ability to customize the passing score for the course from within Paligo. 

By default, users need 70% or more correct answers to pass the course. But now you configure this to any percentage that you want. And because this is set in an element in your publication, you can apply profiling to the pass limit. So you can set up multiple pass limits and use filtering (profiling) to choose which limit to apply when you publish.

For more details, see Set a Minimum Passing Score.

Search your Paligo Content through the API

We’re excited to finally add one of the most requested features to the Paligo API: Search. Now you can use the API to easily search through your Paligo documents and taxonomies, using advanced search filters.

The Search endpoint is in beta as of now, because there are certain resources, like folders, that aren’t supported yet. But you can expect the supported resources and filters to be fully functional. 

For more info about this new endpoint, see our API docs.

Other enhancements

There are a number of other enhancements and bug fixes in this release. As usual, you can see the full list of changes by clicking the “Release notes” button at the bottom of your Paligo dashboard.